Re: Forward/backward overlay arrow

Discussion in 'HTML' started by MG, Feb 6, 2012.

  1. MG

    MG Guest

    "Alfred Molon" <> wrote in message
    > I'd like to add the following feature to my site.
    >
    > When somebody is on an image page, for instance:
    > http://www.molon.de/galleries/Egypt/Siwa/Oracle/img.php?pic=2
    >
    > and hovers the mouse cursor on the right part of the image a white arrow
    > (">" shape) appears inside the image, close to the right border.
    > Moving the mouse cursor out of the right part of the image makes the
    > white arrow disappear.
    > Clicking the mouse on the right arrow brings you to the next image of
    > the gallery (in this case Nr 3).
    >
    > And the same with the left part of the image (a "<" arrow appears close
    > to the left border, click on it and you go to the previous image).
    >
    > I've seen something similar on some sites and I guess this can be done
    > with Java, but how?

    There are several free utilities out there that you can download and drop
    into your page. Perhaps the best known one is Lightbox.

    There is a demo of Lightbox here:
    http://lokeshdhakar.com/projects/lightbox2/

    Perhaps you want something with row of thumbnails below the image that one
    can click on. I'm sure a google search will bring up something that you
    like.

    --
    MG

    MG, Feb 6, 2012