Re: Free Design of Website

Discussion in 'HTML' started by jake, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. jake

    jake Guest

    In message <3f1d4a41$0$3867$>, Ryan Pelzer
    <> writes
    >Hi there i have just started a company and we are looking to get some credit
    >by doing a couple of free website.
    >The sites that we design for you will be 100% error free in according to
    >WDG.
    >Please visit our site http://www.obiwebdesigns.com
    >And email us if you have any questions.
    >Ryan Pelzer

    Thursday evening (24th)

    (1) Looks OK in IE6 @ 600x800, although I wouldn't have known what the
    logo said if it wasn't the same as the url.
    (2) Can't re-size window or font size
    (3) Deactivate the Home page link on the ....... Home page
    (4) There's a 'back-arrow' graphic on the bottom of each page which
    doesn't seem to do anything. If it were to do anything .. what would it
    do from the Home page?
    (5) Make the <title></title> reflect the contents of the page, not the
    site.

    Sounds OK in a voice browser. I thought the [.:xxxxxx:.] punctuation
    surrounding the links wouldn't sound too good, but it's OK. (It says,
    for example, 'dot colon clients' when it's reading the navigation list.

    And speaking of navigation lists, the voice browser can't see, and hence
    can't speak, 'Navigation'. Re-think this one.

    You might want to hide the *positional* CSS from older versions of
    Netscape as it's a bit of a mess. By hiding the positional CSS, the page
    should look quite acceptable.

    regards.

    ps. The reference sites have accessibility problems ..
    --
    Jake

    jake, Jul 24, 2003