Re: Freezing python files into executables

Discussion in 'Python' started by Rami Chowdhury, Nov 3, 2009.

  1. On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 11:57:17 -0800, Girish Venkatasubramanian
    <> wrote:

    > I checked and ls /usr/lib64/python2.4/config/ returns
    > config.c config.c.in install-sh libpython2.4.a Makefile makesetup
    > python.o Setup Setup.config Setup.local
    >
    > so I am guessing the python-devel installation went off OK, from what
    > you say.
    >
    > I looked at the freeze.py code and I see your point. But for tweaking,
    > I would need to know what modules should get included from lib64
    > instead of lib and hardcode them ....
    > Maybe tinkering around with the makefile which is produced by freeze
    > is a better way to go?
    >
    > But since I need to freeze this python code by today, can you suggest
    > any other tool to do this?

    I believe /usr/lib64 on a 64-bit RHEL will contain everything you need ;
    can you try just changing the directory freeze.py looks at to 'lib64', and
    see if the freeze works?

    > On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 11:47 AM, M.-A. Lemburg <> wrote:
    >> Girish Venkatasubramanian wrote:
    >>> Hey Marc-Andre,
    >>> Ummm - I have installed python-devel.x86_64 and checked that the
    >>> /usr/lib64/python2.4/ is populated - anything else I can/shuld do to
    >>> check/ensure the the devel rpm is installed?

    >> If you have the config/ sub-dir in there, things should be
    >> fine.
    >>
    >> However, it's possible that you need to tweek the freeze.py
    >> script a little, since RedHat chose to split the Python
    >> installation on x64 in two parts and they may have missed
    >> patching freeze.py as well:
    >>
    >> The platform independent parts are in /usr/lib, whereas the
    >> platform dependent parts are in /usr/lib64.
    >>
    >> Python normally doesn't support this. It only has a
    >> prefix and an exec_prefix, but those only allow to do
    >> things like prefix=/usr and exec_prefix=/usr64, not
    >> changing the lib/ part in /usr/lib/.
    >>
    >>> Thanks.

    >> --
    >> Marc-Andre Lemburg
    >> eGenix.com
    >>
    >> Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Nov 03 2009)

    >> ::: Try our new mxODBC.Connect Python Database Interface for free ! ::::
    >>

    >>   eGenix.com Software, Skills and Services GmbH  Pastor-Loeh-Str.48
    >>    D-40764 Langenfeld, Germany. CEO Dipl.-Math. Marc-Andre Lemburg
    >>           Registered at Amtsgericht Duesseldorf: HRB 46611
    >>               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/

    --
    Rami Chowdhury
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be attributed to stupidity" --
    Hanlon's Razor
    408-597-7068 (US) / 07875-841-046 (UK) / 0189-245544 (BD)
    Rami Chowdhury, Nov 3, 2009