Re: Freezing python files into executables

Discussion in 'Python' started by Girish Venkatasubramanian, Nov 3, 2009.

  1. Will try that.

    Meanwhile I went ahead and used cx_freeze and that seems to work OK.

    Thanks for your help Rami and Marc-Andre.

    Girish Venkatasubramanian, Nov 3, 2009

  2. On Nov 3, 3:23 pm, Girish Venkatasubramanian <>
    wrote:
    > Will try that.
    >
    > Meanwhile I went ahead and used cx_freeze and that seems to work OK.
    >
    > Thanks for your help Rami and Marc-Andre.

    Something that you might want to try in the future is GUI2Exe, which
    allows you to play with a whole slew of freezing modules:

    http://code.google.com/p/gui2exe/

    I've been using it to make executables on Windows through it's py2exe
    implementation.

    -------------------
    Mike Driscoll

    Blog: http://blog.pythonlibrary.org
    Mike Driscoll, Nov 3, 2009

  3. Girish Venkatasubramanian

    Aahz Guest

    In article <>,
    Mike Driscoll <> wrote:

    >Something that you might want to try in the future is GUI2Exe, which
    >allows you to play with a whole slew of freezing modules:

    Does GUI2Exe work from just the command-line? I spent a fair amount of
    time getting rid of the Mac GUI .pkg creator and I sure don't want to
    introduce more GUI into our ant build process.
    --
    Aahz () <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/

    [on old computer technologies and programmers] "Fancy tail fins on a
    brand new '59 Cadillac didn't mean throwing out a whole generation of
    mechanics who started with model As." --Andrew Dalke
    Aahz, Nov 6, 2009