Re: FrontPage advice for a novice webmaster?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by DLU, Sep 18, 2009.

  1. DLU

    DLU Guest

    C A Upsdell wrote:
    > John wrote:
    >> I've found a supposedly respectable web site that
    >> does not display properly in FireFox or Safari
    >> (recent versions anyway. Some people with old
    >> versions "say" it displays properly). It does
    >> display "properly" (usably at least?) in IE
    >> and Opera.
    >>
    >> Their webmaster uses FrontPage and I don't. They
    >> must be doing something wrong with it. Could someone
    >> familiar with FrontPage perhaps look at the errors
    >> in the page at:

    > Microsoft killed off FrontPage over 2.5 years ago. (It should have done
    > so years earlier.)
    >
    > If someone has been using FrontPage, and insists on a Microsoft tool,
    > Microsoft offers Expression Web to replace FrontPage, and Expression Web
    > is supposedly considerably better.

    I use Expression for some of my sub pages. I had help with my main page
    from this news group, but I can use Expression web for viewing and
    modifying secondary pages. The FTP program that comes with it works
    well also. Now that I have the website set up I can activate Expression
    web and view the page and the code and make changes quickly. One of the
    ricks was to modify the expression web generated pages and to add the
    CSS from the rest of the site to them.

    I had FrontPage and it was really difficult to work with. Expression
    Web was low priced but worked for me. Of course you get what you pay for.

    --
    * This is the Spammish Inquisition *

    DLU, Sep 18, 2009