Re: ftp programs

Discussion in 'HTML' started by 123Jim, Feb 14, 2013.

  1. 123Jim

    123Jim Guest

    On 13/02/2013 10:10, Tim W wrote:
    > What are the alternatives to Filezilla?
    >
    > The requirements are that it should work on my WinXP desktop, and
    > securely store logins to a modest number of sites. I quite like to drag
    > and drop but I could change.
    >
    > I remember years ago a 'Cuteftp' which I will look at. Don't know the
    > names of any others.
    >
    > tim W

    I use Fireftp the Firefox addon. They say it's secure, it's certainly
    very easy to use.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/fireftp/
    "FireFTP is a free, secure, cross-platform FTP/SFTP client for Mozilla
    Firefox which provides easy and intuitive access to FTP/SFTP servers."

    123Jim, Feb 14, 2013

  2. 123Jim

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 21:09:28 +0000, 123Jim wrote:

    > On 13/02/2013 10:10, Tim W wrote:
    >> What are the alternatives to Filezilla?
    >>
    >> The requirements are that it should work on my WinXP desktop, and
    >> securely store logins to a modest number of sites. I quite like to drag
    >> and drop but I could change.
    >>
    >> I remember years ago a 'Cuteftp' which I will look at. Don't know the
    >> names of any others.
    >>
    >> tim W

    > I use Fireftp the Firefox addon. They say it's secure, it's certainly
    > very easy to use.
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/fireftp/
    > "FireFTP is a free, secure, cross-platform FTP/SFTP client for Mozilla
    > Firefox which provides easy and intuitive access to FTP/SFTP servers."

    ok so how do you run it?
    nothing shows up on the add-ons bar.

    richard, Feb 14, 2013

  3. 123Jim

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 21:09:28 +0000, 123Jim wrote:

    > On 13/02/2013 10:10, Tim W wrote:
    >> What are the alternatives to Filezilla?
    >>
    >> The requirements are that it should work on my WinXP desktop, and
    >> securely store logins to a modest number of sites. I quite like to drag
    >> and drop but I could change.
    >>
    >> I remember years ago a 'Cuteftp' which I will look at. Don't know the
    >> names of any others.
    >>
    >> tim W

    > I use Fireftp the Firefox addon. They say it's secure, it's certainly
    > very easy to use.
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/fireftp/
    > "FireFTP is a free, secure, cross-platform FTP/SFTP client for Mozilla
    > Firefox which provides easy and intuitive access to FTP/SFTP servers."

    never mind got it working.
    nice one.

    richard, Feb 14, 2013
  4. 123Jim

    123Jim Guest

    On 14/02/2013 22:23, richard wrote:
    > On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 21:09:28 +0000, 123Jim wrote:
    >
    >> On 13/02/2013 10:10, Tim W wrote:
    >>> What are the alternatives to Filezilla?
    >>>
    >>> The requirements are that it should work on my WinXP desktop, and
    >>> securely store logins to a modest number of sites. I quite like to drag
    >>> and drop but I could change.
    >>>
    >>> I remember years ago a 'Cuteftp' which I will look at. Don't know the
    >>> names of any others.
    >>>
    >>> tim W

    >> I use Fireftp the Firefox addon. They say it's secure, it's certainly
    >> very easy to use.
    >> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/fireftp/
    >> "FireFTP is a free, secure, cross-platform FTP/SFTP client for Mozilla
    >> Firefox which provides easy and intuitive access to FTP/SFTP servers."

    > ok so how do you run it?
    > nothing shows up on the add-ons bar.

    right click on and choose to customise your add-on bar drag the fireftp
    button on there.

    123Jim, Feb 14, 2013