Re: gcc 4.3 and c++0x thread

Discussion in 'C++' started by Lionel B, Apr 2, 2009.

  1. Lionel B

    Lionel B Guest

    On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 22:46:05 -0700, WK2 wrote:

    > Dear C++ experts,
    >
    > I just compiled gcc v4.3 for Sparc Solaris v9, and trying to test new
    > feature(library) of c++0x thread. But from my code, gcc spits out
    > saying that it can't find the file at this line:
    >
    > #include <thread>
    >
    > and I did give this option -std=c++0x (or -std=gnu++0x) -- but still get
    > the same error.
    >
    > Could anyone point what I'm doing wrong?

    Posting to this group, probably (it is for C++ *language* issues only, as
    opposed to compiler specifics - try asking at gnu.g++.help).

    FWIW, I believe that the current release (4.4.0) includes experimental
    support for <thread>. See

    http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.4/changes.html

    and

    http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc /latest-doxygen/index.html