Re: gcj compiled executable performance

Discussion in 'Java' started by Roedy Green, Mar 28, 2010.

  1. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 23:18:57 +0200, Donkey Hottie <>

    >Or is gcj really THAT bad? If it is, I wonder why they bother with gcj
    >any more.

    You can use Jet. see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jet.html

    Sun is getting so good with Hotspot the Jet marketing people are
    shifting from them speed advantage to obfuscation advantage.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    If you tell a computer the same fact in more than one place, unless you have an automated mechanism to ensure they stay in sync, the versions of the fact will eventually get out of sync.

    Roedy Green, Mar 28, 2010

  2. Roedy Green

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 28-03-2010 12:10, Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 23:18:57 +0200, Donkey Hottie<>
    >> Or is gcj really THAT bad? If it is, I wonder why they bother with gcj
    >> any more.

    > You can use Jet. see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jet.html
    >
    > Sun is getting so good with Hotspot the Jet marketing people are
    > shifting from them speed advantage to obfuscation advantage.

    They should have done that shift 5+ years ago.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Mar 28, 2010