Re: General question about logging concept

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Eliyahu Goldin, Jan 4, 2007.

  1. Yoni,

    Microsoft Enterprise Library includes a Logging application block. You may
    be interested in looking at it. I didn't use it myself.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...dnpag2/html/entlibjan2006_loggingappblock.asp

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer & Consultant

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jan 4, 2007

  2. Eliyahu Goldin

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Eliyahu Goldin" <> wrote in
    message news:OOJ5%230$...

    > Microsoft Enterprise Library includes a Logging application block. You may
    > be interested in looking at it. I didn't use it myself.

    As with other of their application blocks, I considered it as an example of
    a "best working practice" and wrote my own base class based on it...
    Mark Rae, Jan 4, 2007

  3. Do you mean your overall experience with them was good? I am thinking if I
    should start looking at them.

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jan 4, 2007
  4. Eliyahu Goldin

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Eliyahu Goldin" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    > Do you mean your overall experience with them was good? I am thinking if I
    > should start looking at them.

    Obviously, they strive to be as all-encompassing as possible, so most of
    them had loads of functionality that I simply didn't / don't need...

    But they gave me a good head start in terms of recommended practices, so I
    just stripped out the unnecessary stuff, and re-wrote the stuff I needed the
    way I wanted it. E.g. their DAAB has a separate SqlHelper class - I didn't
    need this at all. My DAL, based on their DAAB, is therefore much leaner...
    Mark Rae, Jan 4, 2007