Re: Generate POF Document

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mark Rae, Jan 3, 2007.

  1. Mark Rae

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Roger" <> wrote in message

    > Is there a 3rd party product to generate a PDF file code wise using the
    > .Net
    > PrintDocument object without using a third-party PDF Printer.
    > Currently I have a product called Win2PDF. I can specify the printer in
    > the
    > PrinterSettings object and set that to the PrintDocument object. And when
    > call the Print method, it will generate the PDF document. But, the 3rd
    > Party
    > generator basically is a printer installed on the local computer. In an
    > asp
    > environment, obviously, only one user can access the printer at a time.
    > Is there any other 3rd party tool I can user that does not require me to
    > install a printer, but is asp friendly to generate a PDF document using
    > the
    > PrintDocument object. I know there are other PDF generator where it will
    > generator the PDF document, but it would require me to use their drawing
    > functions. Do not really want to rewrite all my code.

    This gets asked about once a month...

    Basically, you have two choices - print driver, or not print driver.

    If you choose not to go down the print driver route, then you will have to
    generate the PDF document in code...

    I use this: http://www.siberix.com/

    Superb product.

    Mark Rae, Jan 3, 2007

  2. Mark Rae

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Roger" <> wrote in message

    > Do you know of a good printer driver that I can control code wise what the
    > document name and path is without using the registry?

    No.

    Mark Rae, Jan 3, 2007