Re: Generating C++ code

Discussion in 'Python' started by Andrea Crotti, Oct 9, 2012.

  1. On 10/09/2012 05:00 PM, Jean-Michel Pichavant wrote:
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I'm trying to generate C++ code from an XML file. I'd like to use a template engine, which imo produce something readable and maintainable.
    > My google search about this subject has been quite unsuccessful, I've been redirected to template engine specific to html mostly.
    >
    > Does anybody knows a python template engine for generating C++ code ?
    >
    > Here's my flow:
    >
    > XML file -> nice python app -> C++ code
    >
    > From what I know I could use Cheetah, a generic template engine. I never used it though, I'm not sure this is what I need.
    > I'm familiar with jinja2 but I'm not sure I could use it to generate C++ code, did anybody try ? (maybe that's a silly question)
    >
    > Any advice would be appreciated.
    >
    > JM

    I think you can use anything to generate C++ code, but is it a good idea?
    Are you going to produce this code only one time and then maintain it
    manually?

    And are you sure that the design that you would get from the XML file
    actually makes sense when
    translated in C++?
    Andrea Crotti, Oct 9, 2012