Re: Generating SVG Graphs

Discussion in 'Java' started by Andreas Waldenburger, Jan 26, 2009.

  1. On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 14:12:46 -0800 (PST) Christian Decker
    <> wrote:

    > What I'd need is simple a graphing library that takes care of the
    > layout and is able to produce SVG output (if possible with hyperlinks
    > to other URLs in the nodes). Any idea on which direction to go next?

    Graphviz? It doesn't have Java bindings, oddly enough. But the dot
    format is easy enough to quickly be able to write the dot-files you'd
    need programmatically.

    regards
    /W

    --
    My real email address is constructed by swapping the domain with the
    recipient (local part).
    Andreas Waldenburger, Jan 26, 2009

  2. On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 23:37:37 +0100 Andreas Waldenburger
    <> wrote:

    > On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 14:12:46 -0800 (PST) Christian Decker
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > > What I'd need is simple a graphing library that takes care of the
    > > layout and is able to produce SVG output (if possible with
    > > hyperlinks to other URLs in the nodes). Any idea on which direction
    > > to go next?
    > >

    > Graphviz? It doesn't have Java bindings, oddly enough. [snip]

    Well, but this seems close: http://www.research.att.com/~john/Grappa/

    Now as for me, I'm off to bed!

    /W

    Andreas Waldenburger, Jan 27, 2009