Re: Generics: SupressWarnings("unchecked"). Why, and why not in java.util.ArrayList

Discussion in 'Java' started by Roedy Green, Oct 23, 2009.

  1. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 10:51:51 +0200, phi <> wrote,

    >public interface List <T> extends Iterable<T>{

    List already has two meanings. That is twice as many as it should.
    Using a word ripe with connotations bedazzles.

    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    Nothing is so good as it seems beforehand.
    ~ George Eliot (born: 1819-11-22 died: 1880-12-22 at age: 61) (Mary Ann Evans)

    Roedy Green, Oct 23, 2009

  2. Roedy Green

    Lew Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > List already has two meanings. That is twice as many as it should.

    Which two do you have in mind?

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Oct 23, 2009

  3. Lew wrote:
    > Roedy Green wrote:
    >> List already has two meanings. That is twice as many as it should.

    > Which two do you have in mind?

    I often need a class of objects that lean to one side. Don't you?

    Mike Schilling, Oct 23, 2009