Re: get each pair from a string.

Discussion in 'Python' started by Emile van Sebille, Oct 23, 2012.

  1. On 10/21/2012 9:19 PM, Ian Foote wrote:
    > On 22/10/12 09:03, Emile van Sebille wrote:
    >> So, as OP's a self confessed newbie asking about slicing, why provide an
    >> example requiring knowledge of tee, enumerate, next and izip?
    >>

    > Because not only the newbie will read the thread? I for one was
    > interested to see all the different possible approaches, and their
    > upsides and downsides.

    Fair -- I get concerned that newcomers are faced with a much higher cost
    of entry when answers to their apparently simple problems require
    knowledge of specific functions in specific library modules to solve.

    This presents a very high bar as my quick local test (help(); modules)
    shows 398 modules!

    In this case the only requirement should have been a quick pass through
    the tutorial which should be enough to solve most problems.

    Emile

    Emile van Sebille, Oct 23, 2012