Re: GET request in JAVA/JSP

Discussion in 'Java' started by Joerg Gippert, Jul 29, 2003.

  1. "tester" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hello! My question is that I have a task that I need to get a file
    > through a URL. The general URL looks like this:
    > https://<<URL>>?PARAMETER1=VALUE1&PARAMETER2=VALUE2
    >
    > Previously we could manually type this URL in browser and save the file
    > in local HD. Now we would like to run a program or script to get the
    > file automatically. Do you think in what way I can do this? I prefer to
    > using JAVA or JSP to do this. In Coldfusion, there seems to be a tag
    > named CFHTTP or CFHTTPPARAM to do the similar job; but in JAVA/JSP I
    > have no idea. Do you have any suggestion?
    >
    > Thanks a lot!

    You could do something like this using the getAttribute() setAttribute()
    methods of the ServletRequest interface.
    http://java.sun.com/j2ee/sdk_1.3/techdocs/api/javax/servlet/ServletRequest.html#setAttribute

    The API overview: http://java.sun.com/j2ee/sdk_1.3/techdocs/api/

    Regards,
    Joerg