Re: Getting graphic card info

Discussion in 'C++' started by Patrick Frankenberger, Aug 6, 2003.

  1. "Darrow" wrote:
    > Hi all!
    >
    > I want to get graphic card name and little description (memory size,

    driver
    > versions, current video mode).
    > How to do that ?
    > It have to work on any Windows version.

    Ask in a windows-programming-newsgroup then...

    The only thing you can do pure c++ is something like that:

    int main()
    {
    std::cout << "Enter graphic card info: ";
    std::string cardinfo;
    std::getline(std::cin,cardinfo);

    return 0;
    }

    Which works (or not, depending on the user of your programm) on any platform
    for which a c++-compiler exists.
    Patrick Frankenberger, Aug 6, 2003