Re: Getting to the root node of an xml document

Discussion in 'Java' started by Lew, Jun 1, 2007.

  1. Lew

    Lew Guest

    Rodolphe G wrote:
    > (Cross posting, sorry...)

    Cross-posting, actually, wouldn't have been an issue.
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-post>

    However,
    > Cross-posting stands in stark contrast to Multi-posting (whereby the same material is posted several places--without any links between the occurrences and without all information, in the form of commonly-shared reponses, available to all who read the original post).

    [ibid.]

    Alas, since you did multi-post, the answers got fragmented between groups
    instead of unified.

    One also wonders about the abrogation of karma achieved by apologizing in advance.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Jun 1, 2007

  2. Lew

    Rodolphe G Guest

    I did consider the weight of reaching more people by posting on two
    groups versus the danger of getting fragmented answers. I decided to
    go for reaching more people ;)

    Anyway, I got my answer :
    doc.getElementsByTagName("dataroot").item(0); does actually work, my
    problem was elswhere in the code. Thanks so much for your help, here's
    the full story :
    http://forum.worldwindcentral.com/showthread.php?p=45351#post45351

    :)

    Rodolphe G, Jun 1, 2007

  3. Lew

    Lew Guest

    Rodolphe G wrote:
    > I did consider the weight of reaching more people by posting on two
    > groups versus the danger of getting fragmented answers. I decided to
    > go for reaching more people ;)

    Yes, but you would have reached the "more people" without fragmenting the
    threads if you had cross-posted. Did you read the link I gave?
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-post>

    If you had cross-posted you'd've been fine, but that's not what you did.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Jun 2, 2007
  4. Lew

    Rodolphe G Guest

    Oh sorry, I didn't read the article entirely... I learnt something I
    wasn't expecting to learn when I came here, thanks! :)

    Rodolphe G, Jun 2, 2007