Re: GHDL and Tristate Busses

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Brian Davis, Jan 11, 2012.

  1. Brian Davis

    Brian Davis Guest

    Rob Doyle wrote:

    > I have a simple tristate bus simulation that I can't make work with
    > GHDL.  Attached.

    <snip>
    > error: invalid memory access (dangling accesses or stack size too small)

    These tristate crashes are a known issue with Windows
    versions of GHDL later than 0.25

    Version 0.25 does _not_ have this issue:
    http://ghdl.free.fr/ghdl-installer-0.25.exe

    Or, a handy bundle of GHDL 0.25 + GTKwave with win installer:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/fpgalibre/files/GHDL/0.25_Windows/ghdl-0.25.msi/download

    Building the latest 0.29.1 GHDL sources with a stack alignment
    of 16 makes this crash go away, but I never figured out why.

    see also:
    https://mail.gna.org/public/ghdl-discuss/2011-08/msg00007.html
    https://mail.gna.org/public/ghdl-discuss/2011-03/msg00023.html
    https://mail.gna.org/public/ghdl-discuss/2011-03/msg00005.html