Re: [Gimp-user] export to non xcf

Discussion in 'Python' started by F.R., Oct 29, 2012.

  1. F.R.

    F.R. Guest

    On 10/28/2012 09:09 PM, Michael Schumacher wrote:
    >> Von: Donald Miller <>
    >> Can't directly save to jpg, so exported.
    >> Export to jpg made png. Same for psd.
    >> Shouldn't name track chosen format, so no manual override needed?

    > Maybe you had set the file-type chooser to this format?
    > The default "By extension" should do what you want, any other value is for special cases like you've discovered, like ambiguous file name extensions.
    >

    > Regards,
    > Michael

    I am contending with a similar malfunction: I can export by extension,
    but when done Gimp closes. The exported file exists, but I need to
    restart Gimp after every export. No loss of capability, but annoying.

    Judging by the flood of Gimp-related posts of late and the great variety
    of the issues raised, there seem to be major stability or environmental
    compatibility problems. I am running Gimp 2.6.12 on Ubunty 12.04.
    I found a Gimp user list
    (https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list) and intend to
    check it out the moment I get around to it.

    Frederic

    F.R., Oct 29, 2012