Re: go ye forth and code no more - was code warriors ad nauseum

Discussion in 'HTML' started by idle, Sep 14, 2010.

  1. idle

    idle Guest

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 17:06:15 -0700 (PDT), thedarkman wrote in alt.html:

    > If my memory serves me correctly, I had this problem in 2002; when I
    > viewed some my web pages in the British Library - which was using
    > Netscape at the time, some fonts were too large, others didn't change
    > colour, and so on.
    >
    > I believe someone in this group told me about closing tags.
    >
    > I tried closing the <p> and <br> but no luck
    >
    > Now, look at these.
    >
    > http://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/1-lim.html
    >
    > http://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/2-lim.html
    >
    > This is the same file split into two. The first one is all right, but
    > the problem starts in the second one further down.
    >
    > I really haven't a clue how this could be. There must be one specific
    > coding error somewhere that is causing this. One, not hundreds.

    Yea, probably. It's an unclosed tag, or a wrong open one.
    Given that it may be buried in a ton of other junk, it just hurt to look at it.

    > Whatever, I have no more time to waste on it. So if you're not using
    > IE, tough.

    You already wasted too much time on it.

    > Thanks for nothing chickabiddies.

    I fixed it hours ago.
    http://www.box.net/shared/6g75q6g26g

    > The main page includes 5 new limericks. I say new, but they are all
    > over twenty years old.

    There you go, wasting more.

    --
    Mama say, everybody little bit gay.

    idle, Sep 14, 2010

  2. idle

    idle Guest

    On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 02:24:40 +0100, Denis McMahon wrote in alt.html:

    > On 14/09/10 01:26, idle wrote:
    >
    >>> Thanks for nothing chickabiddies.

    >> I fixed it hours ago.
    >> http://www.box.net/shared/6g75q6g26g

    > You didn't.
    >
    > hint - unclosed <b> tags also broke something
    >
    > ;)
    >
    > Rgds
    >
    > Denis McMahon

    Oh, I wasn't going to do the whole thing. No way.
    But the h1's are red, which is what the OP wanted.
    The rest is shite, but that's the way it'll probably stay.

    ;)

    --
    Double parked on the corner of Null and Void.

    idle, Sep 14, 2010