Re: Google Chart API, HTTP POST request format.

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Rebert, Jan 6, 2011.

  1. Chris Rebert

    Chris Rebert Guest

    On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 7:36 PM, Slie <> wrote:

    > http://code.google.com/apis/chart/docs/post_requests.html
    >
    > Google will return a chart in your browser from a URL that you have built.. If your URL is bigger then 2K characters it will allow you to submit POST requests.
    >
    > They gives examples of HTML, JavaScript, and PHP POST requests. Is there a way I can submit a request with Python? Or possibly submit the HTML, JavaScript or PHP using python?(That was a long shot thought). If I do that I would need to find out what to do with the .PNG it gives me.
    >
    > Am I headed in the right direction, is the above paragraph about submitting an HTML form from my program even logical?

    You should probably first try one of the existing Python wrappers for
    Google's chart API and see if that meets your needs:
    http://code.google.com/p/google-chartwrapper/
    http://pygooglechart.slowchop.com/

    Cheers,
    Chris