Re: google maps

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Lars Eighner, Jun 20, 2008.

  1. Lars Eighner

    Lars Eighner Guest

    In our last episode,
    <485b5f44$0$3516$>,
    the lovely and talented Franzi Behrens
    broadcast on alt.html:

    > hi,
    > a friend of mine got a hotel and a website with pagerank 3. if she starts a
    > search in google for any hotel in her town the standard ten results appear
    > in google maps but not her hotel. although she got a better pagerank than
    > some of these ten other hotels. and yes, i have activated the entry within
    > google maps (but just 2 weeks ago).

    > do you have an idea so that her website could be listed in this ten?? (if
    > this is the correct newsgroup...)

    I believe the map listings are paid.

    --
    Lars Eighner <http://larseighner.com/>
    Countdown: 214 days to go.
    Lars Eighner, Jun 20, 2008

  2. Lars Eighner

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Lars Eighner <> wrote:

    > In our last episode,
    > <485b5f44$0$3516$>,
    > the lovely and talented Franzi Behrens
    > broadcast on alt.html:
    >
    > > hi,
    > > a friend of mine got a hotel and a website with pagerank 3. if she starts a
    > > search in google for any hotel in her town the standard ten results appear
    > > in google maps but not her hotel. although she got a better pagerank than
    > > some of these ten other hotels. and yes, i have activated the entry within
    > > google maps (but just 2 weeks ago).

    > > do you have an idea so that her website could be listed in this ten?? (if
    > > this is the correct newsgroup...)

    > I believe the map listings are paid.

    A businessman I know told me that his hits and sales have gone up in
    proportion to how much he pays Google. But that is just one -
    doubtlessly true - anecdote.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jun 20, 2008

  3. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Lars Eighner
    <> writing in

    > In our last episode,
    ><485b5f44$0$3516$>,
    > the lovely and talented Franzi Behrens
    > broadcast on alt.html:
    >
    >> hi,
    >> a friend of mine got a hotel and a website with pagerank 3. if she
    >> starts a search in google for any hotel in her town the standard ten
    >> results appear in google maps but not her hotel. although she got a
    >> better pagerank than some of these ten other hotels. and yes, i have
    >> activated the entry within google maps (but just 2 weeks ago).

    >> do you have an idea so that her website could be listed in this ten??
    >> (if this is the correct newsgroup...)

    > I believe the map listings are paid.

    No, they are not. I made a very simple page for my son's preschool from
    my isp's free home page - I did this because I could never remember the
    phone number. It's number 1 for the school name and city name, and also
    has Google maps listing.

    Google for childcare glendale ca, and when you click more listings on
    maps, it shows up as listing Q. Of course, if you Google for
    Wonderyears Glendale CA, it does come up number 1, with it's associated
    map. (Comic-sans is used on purpose - if you have followed the link).

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Jun 20, 2008
  4. Franzi Behrens wrote:

    > mh... thanks for your answers... but how do we get the site into the
    > first ten now?

    The answer to that might lie in how the page is constructed, whether or
    not titles are used, along with proper semantic markup.

    What is the URL to the page?

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 21, 2008
  5. Franzi Behrens wrote:

    > the url is www.aparthotel-freiburg.de

    I believe you could start by placing the full address on the main page.
    I see an address only on the kontakt page.

    However, Googling for: apart hotel freiburg germany
    and you are first. Leaving off the word apart and you are no longer seen
    on page 1.

    Fix the page title.

    <TITLE>Hotels in Freiburg - Aparthotel - Hotel in Freiburg - Messe
    Freiburg - Uni-Klinikum Freiburg - Unikliniken Freiburg -
    Hotel in Bahnhofsnähe - Hotel zentral - Hotelzimmer mit Küche -
    Motorrad-Hotel - Motorradhotel - ruhige Lage - Kinderklinik -
    Hotel Stühlinger - Hotel am Friedhof - Hotel am Zentralfriedhof - Hotel
    Merzhausen - Hotel Herdern - Hotel - Hannelore Rupp -
    Baden Württemberg</TITLE>

    ...Place only *your* hotel in the <title> of the markup.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 10, 2008