Re: goto label inside of if statement

Discussion in 'C++' started by Jax, Jan 28, 2014.

  1. Jax

    Jax Guest

    Vir Campestris <> wrote in

    > On 26/01/2014 21:32, Gareth Owen wrote:
    >> Take Paavo's advice and memorise it.
    >>
    >> You'll not find it a better argument more cogently stated.
    >> If you remember nothing else, remember the first sentence.

    > I'll second that - but add a bit of data.
    >
    > I've been writing C since before some of my co-workers were born (yes,
    > it scares me too!) and I've only written ONE goto ever.
    >
    > And that didn't make it to checkin...
    >
    > They do have a place, but it's vanishingly rare. I think the place is
    > not in a C++ program.
    >
    > Andy

    Andy.... you make me pause for thought. If I understand the implication of
    what you wrote, then it means I haven't learned my first *real* C++
    command!

    --
    Jax
    Jax, Jan 28, 2014

  2. Jax

    Jax Guest

    Vir Campestris <> wrote in

    > On 28/01/2014 22:11, Jax wrote:
    >> Andy.... you make me pause for thought. If I understand the implication of
    >> what you wrote, then it means I haven't learned my first*real* C++
    >> command!

    > Make note of Victor's post earlier in the thread. He's much better at
    > C++ than I am.
    >
    > Andy

    Wilco!

    --