Re: Goto XY

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jean-Paul Calderone, Nov 9, 2005.

  1. On 8 Nov 2005 17:27:24 -0800, wrote:
    >Is there some command in python so that I can read a key's input and
    >then use a gotoxy() function to move the cursor on screen? e.g.:
    >(psuedo-code)
    >
    >When the right arrow is pushed, cursor gotoxy(x+1,y)

    You can uses curses for this, on platforms where curses is supported. Twisted Conch also includes some terminal manipulation code. Both are basically POSIX-only, though Twisted might expand to work with win32 at some point. At some point in the past I think there was a win32 curses port, but I don't think it's maintained anymore.

    Jean-Paul

    Jean-Paul Calderone, Nov 9, 2005