Re: graphical ide??

Discussion in 'Python' started by Baris-C, May 27, 2008.

  1. Baris-C

    Baris-C Guest

    On May 27, 2:32 am, Marc Pelletier <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am just getting started in Python with the intention of tweaking an
    > opensource wxPython project called Brewsta. I've been reading python
    > documentation and the code, and its starting to make sense, but there seems
    > to be an awful lot of boilerplate required to make such an application
    > work.
    >
    > Are there any ides that help out? There seem to be lots of options, and
    > I've been downloading like crazy, but nothing so far that stands out. Are
    > there any tips or tutorials specific to doing gui development?
    >
    > cheers
    >
    > Marc Pelletier

    i use eric on kde 3.5.9

    Baris-C, May 27, 2008

  2. Baris-C

    Alex Gusarov Guest

    I tried Eric (on windows), but then decided in favour of Eclipse +
    PyDev. It's really good combination and if you want to develop PyQt
    apps, you can also install Qt Integration plugin to Eclipse, so you
    will have all what you need for PyQt development, include form
    designer and resource editor. PyQt + Eclipse Qt plugin distributed
    under GPL.

    --
    Best regards, Alex Gusarov

    Alex Gusarov, May 27, 2008

  3. Baris-C

    TheSaint Guest

    On 19:48, martedì 27 maggio 2008 Alex Gusarov wrote:

    > I tried Eric (on windows), but then decided in favour of Eclipse +
    > PyDev.

    I'm a KDE fan :) and I like Qt design. I've Qt designer installed, but I much
    like if I can use an IDE which write python code, rather than wrappers.

    I've just been disappointed by Boa Constructor, it disappeared suddenly while
    trying some test.
    Which other SDK write in python code?

    TheSaint, May 28, 2008