Re: Groovy and Grails vs. Java for Web Interface (see Java web application frameworks / architecture

Discussion in 'Java' started by Roedy Green, Sep 24, 2009.

  1. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 22 Sep 2009 18:42:27 GMT, "Kenneth P. Turvey" <>

    >What do you see as the disadvantages?

    The biggest disadvantage is single source for your tools. If
    something happens, you are stuck with code you can't run without a
    major conversion.

    Just browse the Java glossary for turned-turtle tombstone icons of
    products that were great ideas but did not catch on.

    Back in the mid 90s I had a conversation with my boss about why we
    were using C instead of Smalltalk or something similar when we were
    having so many problems directly attributable to using C. His answer
    was that Smalltalk programmers were hard to find and expensive. C
    programmer were abundant and cheap.

    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    "Don’t worry about people stealing an idea; if it’s original, you’ll have to shove it down their throats."
    ~ Howard Aiken (born: 1900-03-08 died: 1973-03-14 at age: 73)
    Roedy Green, Sep 24, 2009