Re: [gtk-win32] cannot import glib in python shell

Discussion in 'Python' started by Tor Lillqvist, Dec 23, 2009.

  1. > , but when I do
    > import glib
    > ERROR!!!

    My Python knowledge is next to nil. You might get more help on some
    Python-specific list. Or even a pygtk-specific list.

    > if I cd to a certain dir in glib sources, there were two .py files,

    Wrong approach. And anyway, I find four .py files in current GLib
    sources. They are completely unrelated to the GLib Python binding
    which is what you want. The GLib Python binding is not in the GLib
    sources.

    > but I didn't know where to place them in the python26 dir.

    Good, because you shouldn't. Look in the Makefile.am to get an idea
    what these files are used for. Or just read them. As I said, they are
    not what you apparently think they are.

    --tml
    Tor Lillqvist, Dec 23, 2009