Re: Guides for communicating with business accounting systems

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Angelico, Sep 14, 2012.

  1. On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Ben Finney <> wrote:
    > Chris Angelico <> writes:
    >
    >> Don't use MySQL. :) Okay, that's hardly a *rule*, but it's a strong
    >> recommendation.

    > That's another struggle we have in our future, unfortunately.

    We moved from MySQL to PostgreSQL a little while ago, and haven't
    looked back. I used to automatically think of MySQL when discussing
    open source databasing (I've also used DB2, but not in any OSS
    context), but just as there's no reason to instinctively reach for PHP
    when you want a dynamic web site, there's no need to naturally grab
    MySQL.

    Actually I haven't used Postgres with Python yet. Should probably do
    that at some point. But the MySQL bindings for Python aren't so
    awesome they can't be matched by any other.

    ChrisA

    Chris Angelico, Sep 14, 2012

  2. Chris Angelico

    Walter Hurry Guest

    On Fri, 14 Sep 2012 16:36:58 +1000, Chris Angelico wrote:

    > Actually I haven't used Postgres with Python yet. Should probably do
    > that at some point. But the MySQL bindings for Python aren't so awesome
    > they can't be matched by any other.

    I have found psycopg2 excellent in every respect.

    Walter Hurry, Sep 14, 2012