Re: <H1> causing a gap between head div and left column / content div

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Kate, Feb 19, 2005.

  1. Kate

    Kate Guest

    "Kate" <> wrote in message news:...
    > I am totally stumped as to why in Opera the heading tag is causing a gap
    > between the left column and content div. As soon as I remove the <H1> tag
    > the head div falls neatly on top of the left column and content div. Is
    > this something to do with Opera or have I made a mistake some where? I

    have
    > tried searching for a solution, but haven't found one.
    >
    > Any help would be so gratefully received,
    > Kate

    Forgot to give address :)

    http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/wwsfamilies/

    http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/wwsfamilies/test_update3.css

    Kate, Feb 19, 2005

  2. Kate

    Oli Filth Guest

    Kate wrote:
    > "Kate" <> wrote in message news:...
    >
    >>I am totally stumped as to why in Opera the heading tag is causing a gap
    >>between the left column and content div. As soon as I remove the <H1> tag
    >>the head div falls neatly on top of the left column and content div. Is
    >>this something to do with Opera or have I made a mistake some where? I have
    >>tried searching for a solution, but haven't found one.

    Eh? This page looks almost identical in Opera, Firefox and IE. The only
    difference is that Opera displays no bottom-margin around the <H1> text.

    --
    Oli

    Oli Filth, Feb 19, 2005