Re: Handling both MS JVM and Sun JVM

Discussion in 'Java' started by Kevin Hooke, Aug 26, 2003.

  1. Kevin Hooke

    Kevin Hooke Guest

    Hi Razu - if by 'downloading fails' you mean 'use the Sun JVM if the MS JVM
    isn't present', then you can use the Sun Java Plug-in - search on the
    java.sun.com site and you'll find the docs. There is an app that is included
    with the J2SE SDK that will read an existing applet tag and convert it to
    use a combination of script and applet/object/embed tabs to cover all
    eventualities - this will generate the html (and js) you need in your page
    for you.

    Hope that helps,

    --
    Kevin Hooke

    MindBeans Software Consulting
    http://www.mindbeans.net

    Kevin Hooke, Aug 26, 2003

  2. Kevin Hooke

    Razu Guest

    Hi kevin,

    Thanks for the prompt help, But I have these two solutions and I made
    Sun Jvm support with the help of HTML convertor. But I want to know
    How can I automatically switch over to another JVM if one fails. I
    gave both object tag and applet tag in the same page then it entering
    to both. I need only one at a time and if one fails the nest.

    Thanks in advance
    razu

    Razu, Aug 28, 2003

  3. Kevin Hooke

    Razu Guest

    Thanks Mickey Segal,

    But my requirement is different, actually I found a solution
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/guide/plugin/developer_guide/using_tags.html
    "Java Plug-in Anywhere" session , but now they are updated that, it is
    not suitable, and also I found object tag do not running directly and
    they are using HTML converter for this, and also fails in the case MS
    java with cab. please look in this url and help me with an alternative
    way.

    razu

    Razu, Sep 2, 2003