Re: handling return codes from CTYPES

Discussion in 'Python' started by Steve Simmons, Jan 21, 2013.

  1. Mike,

    Thanks for your response - I was puzzled by one part of it though...

    On 21/01/2013 15:14, Mike C. Fletcher wrote:
    > That's because you've just discarded the object you created

    I (mis?)understood from the ctypes documentation that '>>> initResult =
    c_short(0)' would result in the creation of a ctypes 'short' called
    initResult and that this object would be mutable. On that basis, I
    expected the following statement '>>> initResult = initScanLib( ... )'
    would assign the result of the call to initResult.

    So, I can understand that I am not using the correct approach but I
    don't understand how I discarded the object I created. Can you clarify
    please?

    Steve
    Steve Simmons, Jan 21, 2013