Re: hard disk serial

Discussion in 'Python' started by David Stockwell, May 25, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    What you want to use is the win32api.GetVolumeInformation. API. Its part of
    win32.

    To get to it you need to import it....

    import win32api

    Then I believe you would use

    win32api.GetVolumeInformation ( ... etc)

    The actual api is documented here:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ry/en-us/fileio/base/getvolumeinformation.asp

    (I'm learning python myself but know the windows sdk pretty well)

    Good Luck

    David Stockwell
    -------
    Cell: http://cellphone.duneram.com/index.html
    Cam: http://www.duneram.com/cam/index.html
    Tax: http://www.duneram.com/index.html

    >From: "Lea Informatique" <>
    >To: "David Stockwell" <>
    >Subject: Re: hard disk serial
    >Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 14:55:23 +0200
    >
    >I'm targeting win32
    >for the moment it's the only OS we should use
    >
    >did you get an idea ?

    Get 200+ ad-free, high-fidelity stations and LIVE Major League Baseball
    Gameday Audio! http://radio.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200491ave/direct/01/
    David Stockwell, May 25, 2004