Re: Has anyone gotten Pyglet to work

Discussion in 'Python' started by Joshua Landau, Jul 29, 2013.

  1. On 29 July 2013 23:22, Devyn Collier Johnson <>wrote:

    > Duh, thanks for the tip (^u^), but I still get an error (different error).
    > NOTE: this is all python2.7 code because Pyglet supposedly has issues with
    > Python3.
    >
    > collier@Nacho-Laptop:~$ pip install pyglet
    > Downloading/unpacking pyglet
    > Downloading pyglet-1.1.4.tar.gz (2.9MB): 2.9MB downloaded
    > Running setup.py egg_info for package pyglet
    > .......Blah........
    > .......Blah........
    > Installing collected packages: pyglet
    > Running setup.py install for pyglet
    > Successfully installed pyglet
    > Cleaning up...
    > collier@Nacho-Laptop:~/pytest$ ./pymedia.py
    >
    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "./pymedia.py", line 3, in <module>
    >
    > song = pyglet.media.load('./boot.ogg')
    > File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyglet/media/__init__.py",
    > line 1386, in load
    > source = _source_class(filename, file)
    > File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyglet/media/riff.py", line
    > 202, in __init__
    > 'AVbin is required to decode compressed media')
    > pyglet.media.riff.WAVEFormatException: AVbin is required to decode
    > compressed media
    > AL lib: ReleaseALC: 1 device not closed
    > collier@Nacho-Laptop:~/pytest$ ls
    > boot.ogg pymedia.py

    This line:

    > pyglet.media.riff.WAVEFormatException: AVbin is required to decode

    compressed media

    You should read your exceptions very carefully, they're normally there for
    a very good reason.

    Then Google that line. Then get
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10302873/python-pyglet-avbin-how-to-install-avbin
    (first
    link for me). As someone who knows nothing about this, that's your best
    bet. If not, Google's other links looked promising.
    Joshua Landau, Jul 29, 2013