Re: Headers

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Luigi Donatello Asero, Jun 26, 2004.

    > "jake" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > In message <27XCc.96917$>, Luigi Donatello
    > > Asero <> writes
    > > >
    > > >"jake" <> skrev i meddelandet

    header
    > on
    > > >>

    > >http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/schlafzimmereinsferienwohnungzweisiz

    > > >That should be Zimmer Schlafzimmer. I hope that it was only a spelling
    > > >mistake and that the talking browser speaks the right words.

    > > Yes. A spelling mistake (I don't speak German .... apart from 2
    > > sentences)

    > > >That should be Fläche. Does the talking browser say that they are

    square
    > > >meters?

    > > Hard to say as I don't speak German ;-)
    > > It does say 'square metres' when I switch the language to English,
    > > though.
    > >
    > > In German it gives the number and adds something that sounds like 'Em
    > > Hofgeshtelter zvai' .... does that mean anything?

    > Well, "zvai" is approximately the pronunciation of "zwei" which means

    "two"
    > and the other words seems to be "m aufgestellter"

    Sorry, "hochgestellter"
    --
    http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/garderobeferienwohnungzweisizilien.html
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Jun 26, 2004

  2. Luigi Donatello Asero

    jake Guest

    In message <aLdDc.3656$>, Luigi Donatello Asero
    <> writes

    >"Luigi Donatello Asero" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >>
    >> "jake" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >> > In message <27XCc.96917$>, Luigi Donatello
    >> > Asero <> writes

    >header
    >> on
    >> > >>
    >> >http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/schlafzimmereinsferienwohnungzweisiz

    >> > Yes. A spelling mistake (I don't speak German .... apart from 2
    >> > sentences)

    >square
    >> >
    >> > Hard to say as I don't speak German ;-)
    >> > It does say 'square metres' when I switch the language to English,
    >> > though.
    >> >
    >> > In German it gives the number and adds something that sounds like 'Em
    >> > Hofgeshtelter zvai' .... does that mean anything?

    >> Well, "zvai" is approximately the pronunciation of "zwei" which means

    >"two"
    >> and the other words seems to be "m aufgestellter"

    >Sorry, "hochgestellter"
    >--
    > Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
    > http://www.italymap.dk/sv/italien-karta.html
    >http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/garderobeferienwohnungzweisizilien.html

    So what does "M hochgestellter 2" mean ?

    regards.
    --
    Jake
    jake, Jun 26, 2004

  3. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Mitja Guest

    jake <>
    (news:) wrote:
    > In message <aLdDc.3656$>, Luigi Donatello
    > Asero <> writes
    >>
    >> "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> skrev i
    >> meddelandet news:6EYCc.3572$...
    >>>
    >>> "jake" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >>> Well, "zvai" is approximately the pronunciation of "zwei" which
    >>> means "two" and the other words seems to be "m aufgestellter"

    >> Sorry, "hochgestellter"

    > So what does "M hochgestellter 2" mean ?

    hoch = high
    gestellt = past of stellen = past of "to put"
    therefore,
    hochgestellter = superscripted
    Mitja, Jun 26, 2004
  4. Luigi Donatello Asero

    jake Guest

    In message <8PhDc.5781$>, Mitja <>
    writes
    >jake <>
    >(news:) wrote:
    >> In message <aLdDc.3656$>, Luigi Donatello
    >> Asero <> writes
    >>>
    >>> "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> skrev i
    >>> meddelandet news:6EYCc.3572$...

    >>> Sorry, "hochgestellter"

    >> So what does "M hochgestellter 2" mean ?

    >hoch = high
    >gestellt = past of stellen = past of "to put"
    >therefore,
    >hochgestellter = superscripted

    Thanks for that. Presumably not the German equivalent of 'square metres'
    ?

    regards.
    --
    Jake
    jake, Jun 26, 2004
  5. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Dylan Parry Guest

    jake wrote:

    > Thanks for that. Presumably not the German equivalent of 'square
    > metres' ?

    I would have assumed that "M hochgestellter 2" would be descriptive of
    "metres superscript-2" or "metres squared"?

    --
    Dylan Parry
    Dylan Parry, Jun 26, 2004
  6. "jake" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > In message <8PhDc.5781$>, Mitja <>
    > writes
    > >jake <>
    > >(news:) wrote:
    > >> In message <aLdDc.3656$>, Luigi Donatello
    > >> Asero <> writes

    > >> So what does "M hochgestellter 2" mean ?

    > >hoch = high
    > >gestellt = past of stellen = past of "to put"
    > >therefore,
    > >hochgestellter = superscripted
    > >

    > Thanks for that. Presumably not the German equivalent of 'square metres'
    > ?

    I am under the impression that to say "M" (for meters) hochgestellter 2" is
    descriptive, that means that the talking browser describes the position of
    the number 2 but "Quadratmeter" is better. So, that´s why I am changing the
    text on the tables.
    --
    http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/de/schlafzimmer-ferienwohnung-zwei-sizilien.html
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Jun 26, 2004