Re: HELP: Long time loading

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Neredbojias, May 6, 2010.

  1. Neredbojias

    Neredbojias Guest

    Neredbojias, May 6, 2010

  2. Neredbojias

    freemont Guest

    On Thu, 06 May 2010 11:34:38 +0100, ing writ:

    > On Thu, 6 May 2010 03:29:18 +0000 (UTC), Neredbojias
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>On 05 May 2010, "" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Why does my page at www.laurentshowcase.com/music.htm take such a long
    >>> time to load?

    >>Because you're using embeds instead of links. The way to do this is use
    >>.m3u files with the path to the .mp3 written in plain text. Read-up on
    >>.m3u files and link to them; that way the client can use any player he
    >>wants to listen.

    > Thanks. I tried this and it works great. My only concern is that they
    > can now burn the tracks. Is there any simple way of playing them while
    > blocking download? TIA.

    They (we) already had that ability. If I can hear it on my computer, I
    can get the tracks if I want them.

    If that's your concern, you can supply small (30 second to 1 minute)
    samples of each song, instead of the whole thing. Fade the samples in and
    out. Look at how allmusic does it:

    <http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:hxfyxq9jldfe>
    --
    â‚ "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
    freemont, May 6, 2010