Re: HELP: Long time loading

Discussion in 'HTML' started by cwdjrxyz, May 6, 2010.

  1. cwdjrxyz

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On May 5, 1:26 pm, "" <>
    wrote:
    > Why does my page atwww.laurentshowcase.com/music.htmtake such a long
    > time to load? To try to cure it I took the player thingies off of the
    > main page and placed them into a frame thinking, at least the main
    > page will load and can show a warning about the long loading tme of
    > the frame. But instead the whole page still takes ages to load. Why?
    > How can I fix it?

    The good news is that it must have taken less than a second for me to
    connect. The bad news is that I connected to a message that the server
    could not find your page. Perhaps this problem will be resolved soon.
    I usually find server side scripting, such as php, most useful for
    music and video when there are many selections. When you first connect
    to the server, you just get a list of songs to select. Such a page is
    extremely fast loading. When you make a selection using an image map,
    radio buttons, check boxes, or whatever, that information is sent to
    the server which then rapidly writes and downloads a page written for
    your selection. If you want to see an exceedingly slow loading page,
    just make one with several video selections that are all downloaded
    with the page. I often offer a choice of up to 4 audio or video
    formats for each media selection. If I could have only one format, I
    likely would select modern flv/swf flash for both audio and video,
    because more computers now likely have flash installed than any other
    media format. Flash audio works quite well without any video content.
    cwdjrxyz, May 6, 2010