Re: HELP: Long time loading

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Dave, May 6, 2010.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    ing wrote:
    > Why does my page at www.laurentshowcase.com/music.htm take such a long
    > time to load? To try to cure it I took the player thingies off of the
    > main page and placed them into a frame thinking, at least the main
    > page will load and can show a warning about the long loading tme of
    > the frame. But instead the whole page still takes ages to load. Why?
    > How can I fix it? TIA.

    If you are willing to use a Flash solution, there are many embeddable
    Flash-based players available, such as the one at http://filefactory.com/

    This gives a playlist of MP3s, and if you remove the download link,
    there will be no straight-forward way for the casual visitor to download
    your mp3 (although the determined will still find a way, such as
    recording the playback as it streams).
    Dave, May 6, 2010

  2. Dave

    Dave Guest

    ing wrote:
    > On Thu, 06 May 2010 13:42:05 +0100, Dave <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >> If you are willing to use a Flash solution, there are many embeddable
    >> Flash-based players available, such as the one at http://filefactory.com/
    >>

    > Will this slow the page down again?

    No, it just loads the player. The songs don't load until the user
    chooses to play them. I wouldn't have suggested it otherwise.
    Dave, May 6, 2010