Re: Help me with PyCharm on Mac OS

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dave Angel, Apr 4, 2013.

  1. Dave Angel

    Dave Angel Guest

    On 04/04/2013 04:19 AM, YE SHANG wrote:
    > Hello!
    >
    > I'm a newbie of developing GAE Apps on Mac.
    >
    > My Mac OS is Mountain Lion, I reinstalled python 2.7.3 instead of pre-installed python 2.7.2, as well as GAE SDK.
    >
    > I finished configuration of Python interpreter(/usr/local/bin/python2.7), and Google App Engine(/usr/local/google_appengine).
    >
    > It looks fine until I run the GAE project, there is an error appeared like below:

    > /usr/local/bin/python2.7 /usr/local/bin/pythonw /usr/local/google_appengine/dev_appserver.py .
    > File "/usr/local/bin/pythonw", line 1
    > SyntaxError: Non-ASCII character '\xca' in file /usr/local/bin/pythonw on line 1, but no encoding declared; see http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.html for details
    >
    > Process finished with exit code 1
    > I can't understand what's going on, I've already add "-*- coding: utf-8 -*-" at the line 1 in main.py.
    > I created another python file and ran it on pycharm, it works well.
    > So I'm just confused what happend with my GAE project.
    >
    > PS: I can run GAE project on GAE launcher, so I guess there must be something wrong with my configuration of pycharm.
    > I used pycharm both on Windows or Ubuntu before, they all functioned well.
    >
    > Can anybody help me? Thanks.

    I don't know anything about GAE, but I may be able to point you to the
    problem.

    Is /usr/local/bin/pythonw a file you put there? Is it a text file or
    binary? The error message shows that Python thinks it's supposed to be
    a text file, but the lack of a .py extension makes me suspicious. Could
    it be an executable supplied by GAE that you're supposed to run instead
    of python2.7 ?

    What command line are you using to launch this? Are you typing

    python pythonw

    by any chance? If so, you're telling Python to treat it as a text file,
    specifically as your main script.

    Wild guess: maybe GAE wants you to use a command line like:

    pythonw main.py

    --
    DaveA

    Dave Angel, Apr 4, 2013

  2. Dave Angel

    YE SHANG Guest

    Thank you for your help.

    I've figured it out, problem is that I wrote bad options in interpretor options.

    ? 2013?4?4????UTC+8??6?13?03??Dave Angel???

    YE SHANG, Apr 4, 2013

  3. Dave Angel

    YE SHANG, Apr 4, 2013