Re: help needed with CSS layout

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Spartanicus, Jul 5, 2005.

  1. Spartanicus

    Spartanicus Guest

    "paul" <> wrote:

    >I'm building a site using CSS and have run into a few problems.

    alt.html.critique isn't the right group for these types of questions,
    crossposted and f-up set to alt.html

    > I'm trying
    >to build a three col with header layout (liquid layout) and here is what
    >I've got so far : www.paulwatt.info/test/index.html
    >
    >It looks ok-ish in firefox and opera,netscape but rubbish in IE, why is
    >this and what can I do to stop it?

    IEs limited CSS capabilities and its many CSS bugs should be learned in
    addition to learning CSS if you want stuff to work in IE.

    >I want the right hand col to line up with the right hand edge of the
    >header
    >bar, but i cant seem to, even though i'v specified right:0px in that div

    The "right" property is buggy in IE, see if this helps:
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/spartanicus/IE_marching_bug.htm

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Jul 5, 2005