Re: Help Needed

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Talc Ta Matt, Aug 16, 2003.

  1. Talc Ta Matt

    Talc Ta Matt Guest

    >(You probably never checked how it looks when images are disabled,
    >or in a 500 pixels wide window, or to a person who cannot read extra small
    >font.)

    This is the internet, and page graphics are a given. Anyone disabling images is
    just asking for trouble.

    It's not that hard to maximize a window should you have to. What are we talking
    here? About two seconds to do this? Are you this lazy? And if someone doesn't
    know enough to maximize the window, the page is still fully accessable with the
    horizontal scroll.

    The font size in graphics issue is marketing power vs. accessibility. From a
    marketing/entertainment perspective, you can do more with graphic text than
    browser generated text. Don't even try to argue that.

    Talc Ta Matt, Aug 16, 2003

  2. (Talc Ta Matt) wrote:

    > This is the internet, and page graphics are a given. Anyone disabling
    > images is just asking for trouble.

    And we should expect God to heal the blind, instead of our making our
    pages accessible to the blind? I'm afraid that's somewhat overoptimistic.

    > It's not that hard to maximize a window should you have to.

    Exactly how does that help when using a modern handheld device with a
    total width of, say, 500 pixels?

    > What are we talking here?

    We are not talking anything. You are just expressing your willingness to
    work against the strengths of the Web or inability to see them.

    > About two seconds to do this?

    And lose all the other information I _need_ to have visible on screen?

    > Are you this lazy?

    Now I know that you are either very ignorant, or just trolling, and it's
    as impossible as unnecessary to tell the difference.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Aug 16, 2003