Re: Help solving Python 2.5 crash: The instruction "0x7c168f1d"referenced memory at "0x00000001c

Discussion in 'Python' started by Colin J. Williams, Nov 9, 2006.

  1. Pedro Rodrigues wrote:
    > Hi Bugra,
    >
    > thanks for your reply. I did try the same code on a Windows 2000 system
    > where I also installed and later removed Python 2.5. There, I obtained
    > the same problem :( That's why I think it has to do with software. I've
    > also searched on the internet and this problem seems to come up also
    > with other sorts of applications. This lead me to think that there might
    > be some inconsistency in the Registry of Windows or some files that have
    > been left behind after uninstall. I've tried to address these two
    > possibilities but so far I did not succeed :(
    >
    > pedro
    >

    > On 11/8/06, *Bugra Cakir* <
    > <mailto:>> wrote:
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have came across this like problem in my simulations also. But the
    > case is not for the program structure or
    > python version, the case is hardware :) . If you have time to try it
    > on some other machine than the current and
    > if the problem arises then there is something different!

    I've had this sort of problem when attempting to interface with
    OpenOffice. It appeared to be connected with the fact that OO
    starts a second process, but I didn't pursue it.

    Colin W.
    Colin J. Williams, Nov 9, 2006