Re: Help with large data set and fatal python error (pysqlite)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Terry Reedy, May 19, 2004.

  1. Terry Reedy

    Terry Reedy Guest

    "Vineet Jain" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > I've been able to recreate the problem with the following code segment.

    It
    > seems that the problem comes when you have multple db files open at the

    same
    > time. In my application I have many database files open at the same time.
    > I'm not using threads so all access to the db files are done

    sequenetially.

    > At the end of the program I get the following error:
    >
    > Fatal Python error: deallocating None
    >
    > This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
    > way.

    Have you done so? In this case, the 'application' is, it would seem,
    sqlite.

    > If I change the numInnerLoop to 5, 10, 20, or 30 it works however

    anything
    > over 35 gives the above error. In my actual application, when run for a
    > larger set, the error can come in the middle of the program and is

    causing
    > me a lot of grief.

    Do the docs for sqlite specify max open connections?
    If not, maybe send them your example.
    If so, ask if limit can be raised.
    In the meanwhile, stay under it.

    Terry J. Reedy