Re: Help with my source code

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Irrwahn Grausewitz, Aug 16, 2003.

  1. "Jonny" <> wrote in
    <bhle7q$qj1$>:

    >Why doesnt this work, please?

    What are your problems in detail?

    <SNIP>
    >#include <conio.h>

    Uck: Non-standard header file.

    <SNIP>
    >void main()

    Uck:
    int main()

    <SNIP>
    > gotoxy(1,1);

    Huh?

    I wasn't able to compile your code at all, because you
    use non-standard extensions to the C language. If you
    stay away from using these your chances that someone
    here can help you are much better. And please cut down
    your code to what is absolutely necessary to display
    your problem(s).

    (BTW: the list of warnings my compiler threw at me is
    even longer than your code...)

    Irrwahn
    --
    If it's not on fire, it's a software problem.

    Irrwahn Grausewitz, Aug 16, 2003

  2. Irrwahn Grausewitz

    Dopey Guest

    wrote...

    > And please cut down
    > your code to what is absolutely necessary to display
    > your problem(s).

    Just don't leave out error checking for malloc(), or people will fall
    all over themselves to critique that one.

    Dopey, Aug 16, 2003

  3. Dopey wrote:

    > wrote...
    >
    >> And please cut down
    >> your code to what is absolutely necessary to display
    >> your problem(s).

    > Just don't leave out error checking for malloc(), or people will fall
    > all over themselves to critique that one.

    Just don't leave out /any/ necessary error checking. Make your program into
    the very best program you can, whether you're posting to comp.lang.c or
    not.

    In case you hadn't noticed, we don't just hit on youdidn'tcheckmalloc. We
    hit on EVERYTHING. That is the /value/ of the group's expertise. You get to
    find out about all kinds of stuff that you didn't know you didn't know.

    --
    Richard Heathfield :

    Richard Heathfield, Aug 16, 2003