Re: hey advocated !!

Discussion in 'HTML' started by rf, Sep 13, 2003.

  1. rf

    rf Guest

    "Richard" <anom@anom> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Did your basic layout for your page without tables !
    > http://1-large-world.com/div1.html
    >
    > All done with <div> tags.
    > Only took a couple of hours of hand writing the code.
    > I color coded each division just for the demo.
    > You can add the images and other stuff as needed.

    Where are the nice pretty cut off corners the client wanted? If you get
    those in there and working with IE5+ then you will have solved a problem
    that has been discussed in the newsgroups since IE5 was released :)

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Sep 13, 2003

  2. rf

    Richard Guest

    rf wrote:>>

    > "Richard" <anom@anom> wrote in message
    >> Did your basic layout for your page without tables !
    >> http://1-large-world.com/div1.html
    >>
    >> All done with <div> tags.
    >> Only took a couple of hours of hand writing the code.
    >> I color coded each division just for the demo.
    >> You can add the images and other stuff as needed.

    > Where are the nice pretty cut off corners the client wanted? If you get
    > those in there and working with IE5+ then you will have solved a problem
    > that has been discussed in the newsgroups since IE5 was released :)

    > Cheers
    > Richard.

    My only purpose here was to show advocated that "HIS" layout could just as
    easily be done using <div> tags which I have already explained a few times
    if you'd care to read.
    I really don't give a shit what you high and mighty armchair quarterbacks
    think of it.

    Richard, Sep 13, 2003

  3. rf

    rf Guest

    "Richard" <anom@anom> wrote in message news:...
    > rf wrote:>>
    >

    > > "Richard" <anom@anom> wrote in message
    > >> Did your basic layout for your page without tables !
    > >> http://1-large-world.com/div1.html
    > >>
    > >> All done with <div> tags.
    > >> Only took a couple of hours of hand writing the code.
    > >> I color coded each division just for the demo.
    > >> You can add the images and other stuff as needed.

    > > Where are the nice pretty cut off corners the client wanted? If you get
    > > those in there and working with IE5+ then you will have solved a

    problem
    > > that has been discussed in the newsgroups since IE5 was released :)

    > > Cheers
    > > Richard.

    > My only purpose here was to show advocated that "HIS" layout could just as
    > easily be done using <div> tags which I have already explained a few times
    > if you'd care to read.

    His layout includes those corners. Your layout does not. Your layout is not
    equivalent to his.

    > I really don't give a shit what you high and mighty armchair quarterbacks
    > think of it.

    Then why post it here?

    Cheers
    Richard.