Re: hi

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dwight Hutto, Sep 14, 2012.

  1. Dwight Hutto

    Dwight Hutto Guest

    > You'll love it here. It's always amusing.
    > But remember to hit reply all

    Unless you might want to contact someone personally. Some don't mind,
    and some may complain. Me I don't care either way.

    Great to meet you though. Hope you find the it educationally stimulating.

    --
    Best Regards,
    David Hutto
    Dwight Hutto, Sep 14, 2012

  2. Dwight Hutto

    alex23 Guest

    On Sep 14, 3:44 pm, Dwight Hutto <> wrote:
    > CEO:http://www.hitwebdevelopment.com

    I don't know what gives more of a negative impression of your
    business, your acting like a tedious douchebag or the website itself.
    alex23, Sep 14, 2012

  3. Dwight Hutto

    Ian Kelly Guest

    On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 12:09 AM, alex23 <> wrote:
    > On Sep 14, 3:44 pm, Dwight Hutto <> wrote:
    >> CEO:http://www.hitwebdevelopment.com

    > I don't know what gives more of a negative impression of your
    > business, your acting like a tedious douchebag or the website itself.

    Holy cow, that's the website of a web development company? Hopefully
    the brokenness of it (e.g., the "Contact Information" link leads to a
    404; how are potential clients supposed to contact you?), the total
    lack of content, and the overall lack of graphic design are because
    it's a prototype and hasn't been launched yet (so why are you
    advertising it in your sig?) I can't see any such excuse for the
    60-MB poorly rendered animated GIF on the front page or the embedded
    background music (that thankfully doesn't seem to play in Firefox). I
    don't want to be nasty about it, but as a web development company you
    have to consider that a website like that is going to drive away
    clients.

    Also, Dwight, you might want to reconsider the name of your company.
    Googling for "hit web development" turns up nothing about you, but a
    lot of hits about a defunct Utah company called "HIT Web Design" that
    apparently was running a scam and generated a lot of bad press. If it
    were me, I wouldn't want potential clients googling the company,
    seeing all that, and thinking that it's the same company or that there
    might be a relationship.
    Ian Kelly, Sep 14, 2012
  4. Dwight Hutto

    Dwight Hutto Guest

    On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 2:09 AM, alex23 <> wrote:
    > On Sep 14, 3:44 pm, Dwight Hutto <> wrote:
    >> CEO:http://www.hitwebdevelopment.com

    > I don't know what gives more of a negative impression of your
    > business, your acting like a tedious douchebag or the website itself.

    This is more than likely a projection of yourself onto others.

    And this just makes you a gossiping gabby, who likes to bring people
    down anytime they meet someone, instead of letting them make their own
    opinions.

    Completely OT for this discussion.

    Dwight Hutto, Sep 14, 2012
  5. Dwight Hutto

    Dwight Hutto Guest

    On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 3:08 AM, Ian Kelly <> wrote:
    > On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 12:09 AM, alex23 <> wrote:
    >> On Sep 14, 3:44 pm, Dwight Hutto <> wrote:
    >>> CEO:http://www.hitwebdevelopment.com

    >> I don't know what gives more of a negative impression of your
    >> business, your acting like a tedious douchebag or the website itself.

    > Holy cow, that's the website of a web development company? Hopefully
    > the brokenness of it (e.g., the "Contact Information" link leads to a
    > 404

    I'm constructing now as we speak, thanks for the note about placing in
    special 404 error pages. I do more than just this. I spend too much
    time taking the time to explain things that were blown out of
    proportion to people like you.

    And I think there might be a few avatars one person might post under.

    ; how are potential clients supposed to contact you?), the total
    > lack of content, and the overall lack of graphic design are because
    > it's a prototype and hasn't been launched yet (so why are you
    > advertising it in your sig?)

    For constructive criticism., and I like how it's starting to come
    together. People have different tastes.

    I can't see any such excuse for the
    > 60-MB poorly rendered animated GIF on the front page or the embedded

    I'm reducing that down later. It was originally 111 done in blender,
    and it's still a rough draft site. I don't mind the criticism, because
    I'm only placing it in my sig at this point, as I'm constructing it.

    > background music (that thankfully doesn't seem to play in Firefox). I
    > don't want to be nasty about it, but as a web development company you
    > have to consider that a website like that is going to drive away
    > clients.

    Why, because of a few graphics, and some music, that YOU don't happen
    to like. Statistically speaking, you're apparently not my target
    demographic.

    > Also, Dwight, you might want to reconsider the name of your company.
    > Googling for "hit web development" turns up nothing about you, but a
    > lot of hits about a defunct Utah company called "HIT Web Design" that
    > apparently was running a scam and generated a lot of bad press. If it
    > were me, I wouldn't want potential clients googling the company,
    > seeing all that, and thinking that it's the same company or that there
    > might be a relationship.

    No, none at all. I came up with this name, and overtime, it should
    overshadow what the other company did. I don't see how you can go
    wrong, when the client tells you what they want to see, or here on
    their site or app.

    Dwight Hutto, Sep 14, 2012
  6. Dwight Hutto

    alex23 Guest

    On Sep 14, 5:22 pm, Dwight Hutto <> wrote:
    > Completely OT for this discussion.

    My apologies, I'll leave you to your thrashing around like a giant
    child then.
    alex23, Sep 14, 2012
  7. Dwight Hutto

    Dwight Hutto Guest

    On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 4:16 AM, alex23 <> wrote:
    > On Sep 14, 5:22 pm, Dwight Hutto <> wrote:
    >> Completely OT for this discussion.

    > My apologies, I'll leave you to your thrashing around like a giant
    > child then.

    Please explain that one. I usually keep the thrashing for inside the
    house, unlike your childish nature, which you like to expose to
    everyone.

    You can start a bash David thread, and like you have been, lose the
    argument that I'm a bad person, just because I trimmed a post too much
    in the middle of a conversation.

    Meanwhile, I have my roughdraft site I'd like to get back to. If you
    have anything constructive to say, I'll be glad to listen, if not,
    I'll probably listen anyway.

    Dwight Hutto, Sep 14, 2012