Re: hidden keywords

Discussion in 'HTML' started by EightNineThree, Sep 4, 2003.

  1. "Bart van den Burg" <> wrote in message
    news:bj8dvo$e95$...
    > Hi
    >
    > Is it possible to put some text on a page that is not visible for anyone,
    > except for search engines?

    Sure.
    Its a great way to get UN-listed for keyword spamming.

    --
    Karl Core

    Charles Sweeney says my sig is fine as it is.
    EightNineThree, Sep 4, 2003

  2. "Bart van den Burg" <> wrote in message

    > "EightNineThree" <> wrote in

    message

    > > "Bart van den Burg" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hi
    > > >
    > > > Is it possible to put some text on a page that is not visible for

    > anyone,
    > > > except for search engines?

    > > Sure.
    > > Its a great way to get UN-listed for keyword spamming.

    > It is? Hm, i didn't know that...
    > Problem is, that the keywords are to describe stuff that's happening in a
    > movie clip that's on that page...

    You should be transcripting the movie for Accessibility anyway.

    EightNineThree, Sep 5, 2003

  3. EightNineThree

    Disco Guest

    Bart van den Burg wrote:
    > "EightNineThree" <> wrote in
    > message news:bj8dsu$8s$...
    >>
    >> "Bart van den Burg" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> Is it possible to put some text on a page that is not visible for
    >>> anyone, except for search engines?

    >> Sure.
    >> Its a great way to get UN-listed for keyword spamming.

    > It is? Hm, i didn't know that...
    > Problem is, that the keywords are to describe stuff that's happening
    > in a movie clip that's on that page...
    >
    > Any other sollutions?

    Are you pages created dynamically? If so, then instead of dumping the text
    in a hidden field (which is not a good idea, as others have said), then you
    should dynamicaly populate the meta tags (keywords and description) and the
    title of the page. This would help in your quest.
    Disco, Sep 5, 2003