Re: Hitting send by mistake -- a solution

Discussion in 'Python' started by TIm Chase, Feb 5, 2013.

  1. TIm Chase

    TIm Chase Guest

    On Tue, 05 Feb 2013 14:41:21 -0500, Terry Reedy wrote:
    > [comment about a double post]
    > > He must have hit the send button too early by mistake.

    > I used to do that occasionally. The reason is that the default
    > position of [send] was on the left, under [File] and [Edit], and
    > sometimes I did not move the mouse up enough before clicking. With
    > Thunderbird, I was able to move [Send] to the right of the other
    > buttons, under nothing. It is much harder to accidentally click it.

    That assumes the error is made via the mouse. In many email clients,
    Control+Enter will also result in sending. Thunderbird has a
    confirmation option, while Outlook just fires it into the ether
    without recourse (I need to dig into Claws Mail's options, as I've
    been working to shift over).

    -tkc
    TIm Chase, Feb 5, 2013