Re: Hitting send by mistake -- a solution

Discussion in 'Python' started by Terry Reedy, Feb 5, 2013.

  1. Terry Reedy

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 2/5/2013 3:22 PM, TIm Chase wrote:
    > On Tue, 05 Feb 2013 14:41:21 -0500, Terry Reedy wrote:
    >> [comment about a double post]
    >> > He must have hit the send button too early by mistake.

    >> I used to do that occasionally. The reason is that the default
    >> position of [send] was on the left, under [File] and [Edit], and
    >> sometimes I did not move the mouse up enough before clicking. With
    >> Thunderbird, I was able to move [Send] to the right of the other
    >> buttons, under nothing. It is much harder to accidentally click it.

    > That assumes the error is made via the mouse.

    It was for me ;-)

    > In many email clients, Control+Enter will also result in sending.

    Learn something every day. I see that Thunderbird also has

    Send Later Cntl+Shift+Enter for when working offline.

    > Thunderbird has a confirmation option,

    I will give it a try ...
    Yes, it does ;-)

    --