Re: honking great ideas

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ned Deily, Mar 27, 2013.

  1. Ned Deily

    Ned Deily Guest

    In article
    <CAOFf2a1ot_659exV5pvdFq87AamkjzsgH1LBM=>,
    Sean Felipe Wolfe <> wrote:
    > So I have been re-reading some of the python intro stuffs after a time
    > away philandering with other languages. I have been thinking about the
    > Zen of Python piece where it says 'namespaces are a honking great idea
    > - let's do more of those'.
    >
    > A question -- since then do we have any sort of list of major
    > innovations like that? Do we keep any sort of 'honking great idea
    > list' anywhere? Or maybe folks could suggest what some of those
    > milestones have been over time?

    One suggestion: take a look at Raymond Hettinger's keynote address from
    the recent PyCon. Any of Raymond's talks are worth viewing but this one
    in particular is a higher-level sales pitch for Python: "Show the
    specific features that make Python more than just another scripting
    language."

    http://pyvideo.org/video/1669/keynote-3

    --
    Ned Deily,