Re: horizontal menu

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Duende, Jan 24, 2009.

  1. Duende

    Duende Guest

    Duende, Jan 24, 2009

  2. Duende

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 24 Jan 2009, Duende <> wrote:

    > On 22 Jan 2009 The Starmaker wrote in alt.html
    >
    >> How do you align the menu so that it looks evenly across, like this:
    >>
    >> Home Link Link Link
    >>
    >> Link
    >>
    >> instead of how it is now all align to the left?
    >> Home Link Link Link Link
    >>
    >> http://jamesowers.co.uk/pages/css_horizontal_menu/menu.html
    >>

    >> http://jamesowers.co.uk/css-tutorials/50/horizontal-css-list-menu/

    > Gray text. Fucking brilliant

    I use silver with gray specialities. Wanna make something of it?

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.org/

    Neredbojias, Jan 25, 2009

  3. Duende

    Tommy Guest

    On 24 Jan 2009 Neredbojias wrote in alt.html

    >> Gray text. Fucking brilliant

    > I use silver with gray specialities. Wanna make something of it?

    You wana get your ass whipped again?

    --
    Tommy

    Tommy, Jan 26, 2009
  4. Duende

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 25 Jan 2009, Tommy <> wrote:

    > On 24 Jan 2009 Neredbojias wrote in alt.html
    >

    >>> Gray text. Fucking brilliant

    >> I use silver with gray specialities. Wanna make something of it?

    > You wana get your ass whipped again?

    Again? What do you mean "again"? My ass has _never_ been whupped,
    here or anywhere else (-although it has been patted a time or two by
    some ubiquitous maid who just couldn't resist.)

    Anyway, here's a link to a page with mostly gray text:

    http://www.neredbojias.org/test.php

    I know you're an old geezer, but surely you can read it with decent
    facility - esp. since resizing is functional and a breeze.

    Neredbojias, Jan 26, 2009
  5. On 2009-01-26, Neredbojias wrote:
    > On 25 Jan 2009, Tommy <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 24 Jan 2009 Neredbojias wrote in alt.html

    >>> I use silver with gray specialities. Wanna make something of it?

    >> You wana get your ass whipped again?

    > Again? What do you mean "again"? My ass has _never_ been whupped,
    > here or anywhere else (-although it has been patted a time or two by
    > some ubiquitous maid who just couldn't resist.)
    >
    > Anyway, here's a link to a page with mostly gray text:
    >
    > http://www.neredbojias.org/test.php
    >
    > I know you're an old geezer, but surely you can read it with decent
    > facility - esp. since resizing is functional and a breeze.

    I find that grey text barely readable, and that only because
    there's very little of it. Any more, and it would be bery difficult
    to read.

    Author:

    Chris F.A. Johnson, Jan 26, 2009
  6. Duende

    Bergamot Guest

    Neredbojias wrote:

    > Anyway, here's a link to a page with mostly gray text:
    >
    > http://www.neredbojias.org/test.php
    >
    > I know you're an old geezer, but surely you can read it with decent
    > facility

    The only thing easily readable is the heading at the top. The rest has
    insufficient contrast for good readability.

    > - esp. since resizing is functional and a breeze.

    The type size is not the issue - it is large enough, but too dark.

    --
    Berg

    Bergamot, Jan 26, 2009
  7. Duende

    Duende Guest

    On 26 Jan 2009 Neredbojias wrote in alt.html

    > http://www.neredbojias.org/test.php
    >
    > I know you're an old geezer, but surely you can read it with decent
    > facility - esp. since resizing is functional and a breeze.

    Not even any bare boobies so tour test failed!

    --
    D?

    Duende, Jan 27, 2009
  8. Duende

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 26 Jan 2009, "Chris F.A. Johnson" <> wrote:

    > On 2009-01-26, Neredbojias wrote:
    >> Anyway, here's a link to a page with mostly gray text:
    >>
    >> http://www.neredbojias.org/test.php
    >>
    >> I know you're an old geezer, but surely you can read it with decent
    >> facility - esp. since resizing is functional and a breeze.

    > I find that grey text barely readable, and that only because
    > there's very little of it. Any more, and it would be bery
    > difficult to read.

    Well, I doubt that I would ever use gray for a primarily- or
    extensively- text situation, but I think for things like non-critical
    image captions and parenthetical comments. it is okay. The darkness of
    the background is also significant, and I could have increased the
    contrast by using true black but felt my choice for compromise
    acceptible.

    Neredbojias, Jan 27, 2009
  9. Duende

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 26 Jan 2009, Bergamot <> wrote:

    > Neredbojias wrote:
    >>
    >> Anyway, here's a link to a page with mostly gray text:
    >>
    >> http://www.neredbojias.org/test.php
    >>
    >> I know you're an old geezer, but surely you can read it with decent
    >> facility

    > The only thing easily readable is the heading at the top. The rest
    > has insufficient contrast for good readability.
    >
    >> - esp. since resizing is functional and a breeze.

    > The type size is not the issue - it is large enough, but too dark.

    Agreed - it isn't _good_ readability, but I think it's acceptible for
    the purpose.

    Neredbojias, Jan 27, 2009